Alabama River Fishing Forum Index Alabama River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quick trip to a local pond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed mashburn
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: quick trip to a local pond Reply with quote

haven't been fishing for a bit- last weekend, I guess. Just loaded up the kayak and went to a close-by pond. I get some of my best and most usable pictures from small local ponds and backwaters.
Used a small bettle-spin type lure and caught a few. No big ones- this one in the photos is maybe two pounds, but a lot of fun on light spinning gear.
I do so wish I had been able to have my peddle kayak when I was yopunger. Can't tell you how many times in my misspent youth I missed out on great fishing becasue I didn't have a way to get myself off the bank and on the water.
These peddle-yak Hobies are the absolute best craft I've ever found for small water fishing.
Just a quick trip, but sometimes quickies are the best. Hope the ARFers out camping in the pucker brush are doing OK this weekend- wish I could have been there. After retirement, I plan on making some of the get-togethers. good fishing to all- ed Mashburn
jeubank3
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pic ed

it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it, that's what gets results
thetagman
Serious River Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you buy those Hungarian Pepper spinner baits? Laughing
ed mashburn
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: re: Hungarian Pepper spinner Reply with quote

You're right- it does sort of look like a Hungarian pepper. It's a new lure Mr. Twister sent me this spring to try out- I really like it. I believe it's called Shiner VIE- it's designed to catch crappie, but bass and bream seem to like it too. good fishing to all- Ed Mashburn
fishtaco
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a beetle spin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: