Alabama River Fishing Forum Index Alabama River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name dropping...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Squirrel
Time For An Intervention

Location: "The difference between fly fishers and worm dunkers is the quality of their excuses." ~ A

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you back on board stranger.
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Hang around a little longer this time.

<'))))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something, finally worthy of a post came around! I have a good day every once and a while.
locust
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the fold Joel. A Hightower sighting has been like a bigfoot sighting here lately.

About the time you think you've seen him, you turn and poof he's gone.
fishhawk
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His appearance seems to strangely coincide with the new Finding Bigfoot show.
jp
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is #1 btw. Caught the FL and GA episodes Sun. Check it out. It's on Animal Planet.

<'))))><

fishhawk
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp wrote:
Which is #1 btw. Caught the FL and GA episodes Sun. Check it out. It's on Animal Planet.

Yep - Skunk Apes are featured prominently!
fishhawk
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp wrote:

Yep - Skunk Apes are featured prominently!
fyshy
3lb Mountain Redeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of discussion always makes me long for the good old days. It sure was nice fishing with my granddad, when the ratio of fishermen to fishing holes was a tiny fraction. You could share info and everybody enjoyed catching a few fish. Nobody seemed to take advantage of it.

It is always fun to watch the parade of bass boats on a Saturday morning in the spring. They catch a few, but it is rare to see one come thru the slough in front of my house and put a hurtin on em. No matter how much pressure, they can be caught when the crowds go home. About 90% of the fish I see caught are released. Tournaments? That is a different story.

Here's to good fishing. It goes hand in hand with sharing.
Charlie Mike
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dblhaul wrote:
Wade..It wasn't you..This is obviously a "lurker". Good thing about it, this person perpetuated a question/issue that was going to pop up sooner or latter...So..Onward and upward.

I completely agree! I am a novice and every place I have fished was from studying a map, going to a place and seeing if I could match knowledge with actual terrain.

If you want a guided tour, there is a market out there for it and I think these fishing jockeys that do their homework and treat you to a great time get compensated accordingly.

As for searching for a "honeyhole", it's all relative and the experience of seeing a brightly patterned snake catch and eat a fish, or a hawk catch a squirrel, or the infinite other small things in life that make it great cross your path, relish in the present. If you want insider tips to stripping our resources, keep looking. If you want the enjoyment of the outdoors and what Alabama has to offer, stick around.

Keep doing what you are doing, guys!
kreekn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazHut wrote:

I completely agree! I am a novice and every place I have fished was from studying a map, going to a place and seeing if I could match knowledge with actual terrain.

If you want a guided tour, there is a market out there for it and I think these fishing jockeys that do their homework and treat you to a great time get compensated accordingly.

As for searching for a "honeyhole", it's all relative and the experience of seeing a brightly patterned snake catch and eat a fish, or a hawk catch a squirrel, or the infinite other small things in life that make it great cross your path, relish in the present. If you want insider tips to stripping our resources, keep looking. If you want the enjoyment of the outdoors and what Alabama has to offer, stick around.

I'm crying over here. I love this guy.

http://jacksonkayak.com/joshtidwell/
http://www.facebook.com/BigWillsOutfitters
Purple Squirrel
Time For An Intervention

Location: "The difference between fly fishers and worm dunkers is the quality of their excuses." ~ A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see that some people actually read some of the older post before they start.
Welcome Chaz
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreekn wrote:
ChazHut wrote:

I'm crying over here. I love this guy.

+1
Charlie Mike
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:
All valid and relevant points made. Due to my location in the state, I am somewhat limited to the creeks that are close by to me. Even though everyone knows about the creeks, hardly anyone I've ever talked to has shown a remote intrest in fishing them, but there again it takes some discretion on who you broach the subject with. Raising awareness of the creeks and streams we have is great and I hate to be a pesimist but I doubt enough attention could ever be brought to hand in this state on behalf of the creeks and streams to ever make a real difference on industry/individual pollution, logging practices, development, etc (still shoudn't stop one from "doing one's part" though) and to me that's the bigger picture and the only reasons "awareness" would be beneficial. I would love to think that everyone who gets out there would see themselves in a small way as a steward of Gods' land but the realist in me just knows better and has seen the flip side or the results thereof. I just use extreme discretion on who I trust to let in on it. As much as I enjoy the solitude of a backwoods creek (the solitude is what draws me back, not so much the actual fishing), I would hate to deprive anyone else of that same experience,,but mind you and I repeat,,,anyone who I know has the capacity to fully appreciate it. Creek fishing just doesn't appeal to the penile envy that's charachteristic with the Skeeter, Triton, Champion crowd but let's face it, it is this crowd that funds the majority of the states revenue as it pertains to wildlife consevation and enforcement .... Confused I don't forsee creek fishing catching on to that extent here in AL,,,,, Confused but there again, fifty years ago who in E. TN/W.N.C. would have thought they'd live to see the day an entire mountain was dotted with rental homes or people flying in from out west to catch a few specks? Shocked

Well said.
ruffells
Spot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamabass wrote:
Did he really? Dude. Come ON. Maybe the 2 of them and GetEmAll can all start a board for themselves.

Southernriverfishing.com another forum I like to visit that has some familiar names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: