Alabama River Fishing Forum Index Alabama River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for Striper on Smith 11-09-09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> Lakes and Salt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locust
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Searching for Striper on Smith 11-09-09 Reply with quote

Got up early Monday morning and headed to Smith Lake in search of big stripes. Armed with the knowledge I gained from Pete (thanks again man, you rock) I got my kayak on the water around 6:45 am and began to search. Unfortunately no striper would be found this day. I was joined in the search by 2 guys in a bass boat around 9 am, and they said they were having the same luck locating them I was. One of the guys said that he had been in the area last week and they were all over the place, but that they had only managed a couple of small ones this morning on live bait fished deep. I did manage to salvage the day somewhat by steadily picking up a mix bag of spots and largemouth, and any other day that would have been great, but I had stripers on the brain this trip, so catching the other fish was more of an annoyance to me. Either way, fishing is better than working, so the day was a success regardless. Anyways, here are a couple of pics of the average fish I caught.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> Lakes and Salt All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: