Alabama River Fishing Forum Index Alabama River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TFO Lefty Kreh Sig Series 3wt 7'6"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> Gear Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AU trout bum
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: TFO Lefty Kreh Sig Series 3wt 7'6" Reply with quote

I finally got the rod in and paired it with a Cabela's wind river reel. The reel is a 3/4 but seems a little heavy on this rod. It is solid and was a great price though. I did end up over-lining with a 4wt line.

The set up...

The place...

The fish.....this picture times 10

Nothing big, but what they lacked in size they more than made up for with their gusto. I guess it helps that it was a 3wt and not the 5wt I am used to using. I can definitely see where a 3wt can get addicting. The rod wasn't as stiff as I expected based on some other peoples' opinions. That kind of thing is relative, so you never know until YOU cast it. I guess compared to my Redington 5wt, this thing was nowhere close to stiff. I do think that the over-lining helps in the small creek environment with roll casting, etc. I still haven't been able to see what it can do without being surrounded by trees, bushes, etc. I am curious to how much line I could lay out with it. Someday soon...

I think for what I paid for the rod, with the TFO warranty behind it, it will be perfect for small streams and smoky mountain brook trout. The one bug I was throwing was a little big for it. Would have been more suited to a small foam spider. I think I will really like this rod for small dry/dropper rigs on the tailwaters too.
jdavis22
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mine and have caught many a fish on it and hopefully many more to come.
Fishbum
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to light line fishing. Makes those snits feel like monsters.

Beautiful sunny...

No. Chuck not. Fly...or do not. There is no chuck.
daniel9829
Time For An Intervention

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a 7'6" 3wt St Croix for a about 15years it is my go to rod for fish under 5lb. I have caught punkin seed bream and white bass on this rod. Love the little rods.

Voice your opinion to your Senator and Represenative.
Call 1/877-SOB-USOB
CALL 1-877-762-8762
give them you zip and they will send you to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama River Fishing Forum Index -> Gear Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: