North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index North Carolina River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another access point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarDevil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Another access point Reply with quote

Drew, lemme know when you can come back. This place is idea for kayaks (gotta get busy and finish mine, or see if I can borrow one), few people, and you can park at water's edge.

Talked to several guys exiting the river yesterday. They both claimed good numbers and excellent sizes.

I didn't have time to wade to the places they fished... too much unstructured still water between. I did fish the nice area where I got in and had decent results. Only problem - dang largemouth kept getting in my way. Been a very long time since I've even caught one in that river, but I've never caught three times as many largemouth as smallies. Don't know what I was doing wrong! Very Happy

Yesterday reminded me of something I had forgotten... a largemouth strike has more ferocity than a smallie's, but after that it's pretty much over. Those smallies just keep on truckin'!

TD
basserdrew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know when I think I can get back up there, but it could be a while as I usually take this time of year off from fishing a little. Still, I'll try to make it up there and I have an extra yak if yours isnt built by then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: