North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index North Carolina River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Nights on the T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmallieSam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Two Nights on the T Reply with quote

Dry late summer, early fall weather, yes! Man, it's been a rough season for the WNC riverbasser. With the weather breaking I've decided this week I'm fishing every chance I get with the season winding down. With my recent split with my wife, I have every Monday and Tuesday as well as every other weekend free now. So, I decided, you got it, I'm fishing Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday this week.

The water is still fairly stained from a big storm late last week, but it's clearing nicely and should be perfect come this weekend. I waded one of my favorite sections the last 2 nights. The area I've fished is my favorite for wading, but the fish just aren't in there or cooperating like they usually do this time of year. Normally, you catch mostly 12-14" fish that feeding hard on bait getting ready for cold weather. That just ain't happening right now. Even though I got 8-10 smallies each night, a few 12", as well as a 14" and a 15". Some took small bait colored streamers or fodders, but most liked a Yellow/Black Stealth Bomber. The larger fish suprise you a little becuase in the low water their not crashing the bait as much as following and sucking it in. So they seem like a smaller fish until they jump and you realize what you've hooked.

Monday night I pulled a brainless stunt. Thinking I only had a couple hours to fish I could take my Droid on the river without it's dry bag. Wrong! The bite didn't get going right until dark, so I hung in there as long as I could, waded out as it was getting dark, fell and busted my rear when I could see where I was stepping. Literally, I've got the knot to prove it where I landed on a jagged ledge rock right on my butt. The Droid got soaked, but luckily I had insurance and the replacement is coming today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    North Carolina River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: