New Members, Introduce Yourself!!

Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

Postby smalliesam » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 am

Welcome aboard. I sure appreciate folks like you who serve the greater good. Great having you here. Any good fishing Laos?
smalliesam

Postby jwocky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey Y'all!

I'm a member of the alabamariverfishing.net site. I just took a new job that will require me to spend a few days a week in the Duncan/Spartenburg area. Would love to fish any local streams with anybody willing in the next few months. I enjoy fishing for whatever's biting, but really just love floatin' down the river. Hope to meet some of ya sometime. :) Joe G.
jwocky

Postby castandblast » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:35 pm

smalliesam wrote:Any good fishing Laos?

Yes, in some places there is great fishing. However, many places are overfished by the use of nets, etc. It is a different world over here but I have been able to catch some really cool fish though. If you want to check out some of those fish you can check out my lifelist at the following link:

http://www.roughfish.com/component/opti ... /catid,25/
Lifetime Student of Fishing
castandblast

Postby bamaspot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Greetings!
I am a member of ARF & GRF and have enjoyed seeing the reports coming out of SC on those sites, so I thought I would come over to SCRF to see more.
Looks like you guys have some truly special fisheries.
I hope to make it over some day.
bamaspot

Postby derekp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Welcome bamaspot, jwocky, and castnblast!

Loved the link to your fish pics, castandblast. Dude, you must be on a mission to catch every fish that swims!

Derek aka Boyscout
derekp

Postby smalliesam » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Welcome Bamaspot & jwocky. How are the spots running in Bama?

C&B, that's some impressive list of species for notches in your rod handle!
smalliesam

Postby bamaspot » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:08 pm

smalliesam wrote:Welcome Bamaspot & jwocky. How are the spots running in Bama?!

I actually live in Ga., but was raised in Bama.
I did go over to the ARF Fall Gathering a couple of weeks ago and caught this nice 3lb9oz Spot.
I lost a bigger one at the boat. :cry:
bamaspot

Postby brett_93_ex » Fri May 28, 2010 3:56 pm

What kind of fish you fish for? Freshwater
What do you fish out of? Emotion Mojo Kayak
What area of SC do you fish most often? Upstate
Do you flyfish or spin/baitcast fish? all three
How did you find this site? SC lakes forum,

Member of SCkayakfishing.com

Broad River Gaffney area
Pacolett river Spartanburg area
Lake Blalock, Thicketty, Bowen,

recently installed a ff on the yak so looking for deep fish now with structure instead of just sight fishing.
~ Brett

My Blog
brett_93_ex

Postby TMan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey guys I'm from Nashville but have some family north of Columbia that I visit several times a year. I fish for smallmouth in both the creeks and lakes. I spend the winter at Dale Hollow and summer for the creeks, but there are plenty of big smallmouth in both. I've always heard about some good river fishing for smallmouth in SC and have wanted to try it out sometime. I'd love to get after a few of those shoal bass too. Looks like a good site here too.
Tennessee, where Smallmouth is King
TMan

Postby smalliesam » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 am

Howdy brett and Tman!
smalliesam

Re: New Members, Introduce Yourself!!

Postby Fishwrangler » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:22 am

High Ya'll,
I am Brian and I am a Bassaholic. I love fishing for largemouth, Crappie, Trout and anything with gills. I grew up in Northern Part of Greenville County. I fished in Broad ,Tyger river and alot of various lakes all of my life. I prefer spinner, but I will use crank baits with the urge hits. I perfer to wade when I fish, gotta get me a kyak, it looks like fun. Look forward to hearing good advice and stories from ya'll great peopleImage
Fishwrangler

Hello from Charleston, SC

Postby johnvilla48 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi...was looking for information on the Saluda River near the Lake Greenwood dam and came across this site. I have just retired and just getting into fishing. I have a 14.5 foot canoe and the wife and I are out about every weekend. I came across an article about the Saluda and it mentioned upper and lower. Which is which? Is it upper from the dam north (that'd be my guess)? Thanks. I look forward to reading about all the good fishing stories on our wonderful rivers here in SC.
johnvilla48

Postby Restridge » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm from Kershaw, SC. I Paddle and fish wherever I can. I grew up fishing Lake Wateree and bought a fishing boat but got tired of competing with bass fishermen. I've fished Wateree R from the dam down to #1 bridge, Stumpy Pond, local ponds and even Lynches River. The smaller the water, the fewer the people, the more fun! Before I get too old I'd like to make an overnight trip down Wateree R from Camden to Hwy 78.
Restridge

Postby backyard » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Welcome Restridge, as you can see we need more to post.
backyard

Postby scotth7977 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 am

Just joined the site today. I live in Lake Wylie, SC and i just purchased my first kayak. I have had bass boats for the past 15 years and decided I wanted to give the kayak a try. I am interested in fishing the broad river near Gaffney/Boiling Springs area and was looking for any tips or places that i could put in that may make my first trip a little more successful.
scotth7977

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion