Carolina CAFE Photo essay

Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

Postby smalliesam » Tue May 05, 2009 7:55 am

derekp wrote:
I think our largest fish was a 5-14 lm on Sat.

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

Saturday, I only caught 12 fish and the biggest was only a 3 to 3.5 lb smallie (I'm not complaining since on a fly rod). :wink:

To be honest, I think all us Saturday fishermen were fishing over fish that had really sore mouths from BD, Deepstep, BwB, MacBass, TRW, Andrew, and whoever else pounded those fish Thursday and Friday.

Guys, we were dealt a stacked deck! :shock:

All in fun, ofcourse.

Glad that Creekstalker got to catch some good fish with his really cool daugter Sunday morning. That young lady really added to the Sat night campfire discourse. The pet frog had a lot to say. :lol:

Yo Creekstalker, whatever you are doing as father, keep doing it. It is working. You girl is a jewel. Class act.

Boyscout

Derek I was down there with the GA group weekend before this past weekend. You and I had duplicate Saturdays. I got 11 with a 3.5 in the mix. Being a meticulous angler, I fished behind almost everyone the entire day and knew the water was already "fished" the previous 2 days. By Sunday, it just wasn't happening with all the sore mouths. At least for me, anyway.

CS, great stuff. My little girl is getting bit by the fishing bug, too. Can't wait to get her out there.
smalliesam

Postby BasserDrew » Tue May 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Awesome reports fellas! That is an awesome report with Hope and what a fish! I can't believe you didn't have scales bro! Man, wonder how big she was.

Here are some of my photos from the CAFE and previous weekend. My camera died on me so I only have photos that others took for me from the CAFE weekend - thanks deepstep and Moche.

BasserDrew
Site Admin

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 pm

CS ................... I see the 'Swamp Poodle' finally made it. :wink:

How's the family liking her? If it too curly, I'm sure I can run past WallyWorld and get some hair conditioner to get that frizz out ......... we can atleast make her look like a tiny choclate lab. 8) :wink:

Birdie? I got some duck wings if you need any to intoduce to that pup, just let me know.
Dux-n-Dawgs

Postby lipsnagger » Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Those darn whiskey bottles crippled me saturday morning along with bad news over the cell phone. I think next year I will leave the whisky and cell phone at home. No excuses. Boyscout thanks for letting me use the Canoe seat. It is amazing how much one or two inches changes the stablity in a canoe. Me and Jutlexfisher Missed like 10 fishing just couldn't set the hook. I actually saw a couple that hit my lure just couldn't get those darn hooks to set.
Catch a fish with a strap in it's mouth call me or Josh
lipsnagger

Postby derekp » Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Yo lipsnagger, whiskey is like gravity and women, you can argue with it and you can fight it...but you never gonna win! :lol:

It was good meeting you and Jutlexfisher. Canoe and yak fishing takes a while to get used to. My first time in a canoe, I thought I was going swimming every second. A few trips, you learn the limits of the boat and get the fundamentals of boat control and it all clicks, you start actually fishing hard, and the success comes. Ain't a one of us that hasn't been there.
derekp

Postby TarDevil » Tue May 05, 2009 9:50 pm

derekp wrote:Ain't a one of us that hasn't been there.

I might still be there!! :D
TarDevil

Postby derekp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:28 pm

It looks like ya'll had a great time! I really hate that Dux and I couldn't make it. Maybe next time!

Yo Killer, yes it wasn't the same without you and DxD (it's painful to actually add DxD, but true). You guys better make the next one!

Yo BD, nice fish and thanks for arranging the accomidations. We all owe you bro! Love that big stipper. Sweet!
derekp

Postby smalliesam » Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 am

derekp wrote:Yo lipsnagger, whiskey is like gravity and women, you can argue with it and you can fight it...but you never gonna win! :lol:

priceless. . .
smalliesam

Postby lipsnagger » Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 pm

One thing that I was not really prepaid for was the current and not having any type of anchor or drag chain. Won't make that mistake again. Had a great time Friday morning I think I might be hitting the congaree if anyone interested.
Catch a fish with a strap in it's mouth call me or Josh
lipsnagger

Looks like fun!

Postby bcgamecock » Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Hey everyone, looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it but I hope to be at the next one...
Old Town Guide 147
Native Ultimate 12
Gheenoe 15-4 Highsider

www.fishcarolina.net
bcgamecock

Previous

Return to General Discussion