Initial Entry

Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

Initial Entry

Postby UglySticker » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:46 pm

As we used to say in the Army, request permission to enter the net.

I am John Odell, Union native, USA retired, Chapin resident (on the lake yakking distance from Dreher Island).

Got back Sunday from an annual trip with old friends to the New River, vicinity of Pembroke, VA. We rented canoes from Tangent Outfitters, caught lots of smallies, lost 2 muskies, got rained on, and dumped a canoe in McCoy Falls. As Toby K says, we ain't as good as we once was.

Bought a Native Watercraft Ultimate 12 angler from River Runners last week. Looking for opportunities to put it on local rivers.

Enjoyed lurking on the forum for a couple of days before registering. Your posts and articles are great. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the water.
UglySticker

Postby BlackwaterBill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Welcome. Hope to get over there soon. Maybe we can wet a line.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby Creekstalker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 am

Welcome UglySticker. You'll enjoy that Ultimate!

CS
Creekstalker
Site Admin

Postby derekp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Great to have you here, UglySticker.

Yeah, that New river is awesome.
derekp

Return to General Discussion