Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

Postby Big Dead Ringer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Well, I registered 5 days ago as BIGDUX, but never received my account activation email. Emailed the site admininstrator twice with no response. Any way, here I am as Big Dead Ringer. This is one great website. I am from Orangeburg, fish the Edisto regularly, most recently on a 4 hour kayak (borrowed) float trip. Have mostly fished the lakes for the last 20+ years. I have wearied of the crowd. I have to tell you guys, I am greatly impressed with the Broad River reports that I have seen posted here. I have never caught a smallmouth bass, but am thinking that the Broad River could become one of my favorite destinations. I do not currently own a kayak or canoe, but am in the market for a good used kayak. I really like the Native Watercraft Hybrid, but they don't fit the budget.

More Later
Big Dead Ringer

Postby derekp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Welcome BDR!

Yeah, your story sounds familiar. Many lake bass fishermen are tired of the jetskis, crowds, and trying to catch fish that many times are over 20 ft deep and have been pounded to death by way too many fisherman.
derekp

Postby smalliesam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Welcome. I actually think I had one too many BDRs one time. . .
smalliesam

Postby derekp » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I know I'm going to regret this but I'll take the bait...what is a BDR?
derekp

Postby smalliesam » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am

derekp wrote:I know I'm going to regret this but I'll take the bait...what is a BDR?

BDR sounds like PBR. . .
smalliesam

Postby BlackwaterBill » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 pm

welcome dead ringer. I am old edisto bottom fisher myself. Now in ga but fish the braod 4 or 5 times a year and have an extra boat so maybe we can go sometimes.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Return to General Discussion