12ft old town

Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

12ft old town

Postby sweetTfisher » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:47 pm

i just got a 12ft old town solo canoe. thanks sgt lynch for the boat! so im lookin forward to doin some float trips. also do any of yall on here use this canoe, im lookin for some ideas to make it as fishable as i can
sweetTfisher

Postby derekp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Sweet,
I have an Old Town Pack that is 12' and here are some mods I have made that have realy helped keep stuff secure and out of the way and to help anchor the boat.

Good luck with outfitting your boat.

Details: http://www.derekspace.net/fishpic19.htm

derekp

Postby BlackwaterBill » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am

SweetT I use a 12 ft Old Town as well.

Derek, where did you get the paddle clips?
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby sweetTfisher » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 am

looks good Derek! im really excited about the canoe, it's my first one and i think i started out right! caught my first river smallie out of it yesterday in the saluda
sweetTfisher

Postby derekp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Bill, here you go...

http://www.zre.com/catalog/screwmountca ... -p-56.html

They have worked out great! I leave the paddles in the boat 24/7 even with the boat upside down on long hwy trips. I never forget the paddles and on portages and put ins, they don't slide all over and out of the boat.
derekp

Postby BlackwaterBill » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 pm

I oredered 5 tonight.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Return to General Discussion