Here's the place to discuss anything related to South Carolina, rivers, or fishing! This is the busiest part of the board, so if you don't know where to go or need a quick answer, try here first.

Moderator: BasserDrew

Postby kayakfisher » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 am

Hi guys,

I just found the site. I live not too far (40 Min) from the Broad River and fish it mostly. I fish from a Camo Gheenoe and a green wilderness system pungo if you guys see me around there. Starting to fish the Broad after Turkey season so give me a PM if anyone wants to meet at the river. Just started fishing the Broad last year so still learning the river.

How far can you run up from Pick hill access with a motor before hitting the shoals?

Thanks

Kayakfisher
kayakfisher

Postby sweetTfisher » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 pm

what part of the state do you live in.. and btw this site had been pretty dead since last fall.. hopefully itll pick back up this spring
sweetTfisher

Postby kayakfisher » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:11 pm

York County. I was going to go to the Broad last Sunday but my motor needs a carb rebuild so It will be in the shop for 2 weeks.
kayakfisher

Postby sweetTfisher » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

i gotcha i live right outside of columia.. just started fishing the broad last summer...
sweetTfisher

Postby kayakfisher » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 am

I am still learning the river too. I have fished mostly above the 99 island dam because I can put a small motor on and run up to the shoals and fish. The section below is too shallow but I am going to drop my kayak in in a couple of weeks and run down to kings creek and fish the shoals in that area. I fished a 3-4'' pumpkin seed slider worm that worked pretty good last year. What do you fish with?
kayakfisher

Postby smalliesam » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard, or should I say A-Broad!
smalliesam

Postby BlackwaterBill » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Welcome. I have fished above 99 dam but my next exploration will be to put in below the dam and flaot down to 211 Highway. Maybe we can get togeather and do that float. I will be throwing spinner bait and swim bait this time of year cahsing the big smallies.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Return to General Discussion