Shoaliezilla part II - Return of the Shoaliemonster! 4.11.08

Believe it or not, other states have rivers with fish in them, too! Discuss other folks' fishing holes here!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Shoaliezilla part II - Return of the Shoaliemonster! 4.11.08

Postby BasserDrew » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Shoaliezilla part II - return of the Shoaliemonster!

Rated R - violence, language and some sexual shoalie content

It was just like any other day on the river - peaceful and calm. It was soothing and theraputic....

....until I was wet wading in the water and felt something very large brush against my leg. My heart started pounding and I was scared to get in this water again - something big lurked in the depths. I looked across the river and saw a large green and gold dorsal fish swimming around like Jaws. Like Chief Brody I knew I would not get out alive unless I tangled with this shoaliemonster and showed her who was boss.

I stood on a rock and attempted to engage her in battle. I fired shot after shot into the pool with no bite. I was almost out of ammunition when I threw back in and with only about 15 or 20 feet of line out I saw my bait swimming toward me - but with a big dark shadow behind it. I immediately stopped reeling and I saw shoaliemonster flare her gills and suck it in! Holy Shnikees! Did that just happen? She turn around to head back to her depths when I let her have it! The battle was like that of a big LM - power, but little speed or jumping due to her size. I thought I had seen fat fish before, but this bertha takes the cake.

6-10 shoal bass

She was released in good health but after a stern talk about being nice to the fisherman that wade these waters.

On a side note you can see how I put her on a rock that is wet to take the picture and measure her length and girth (22.5-23 inches long and approx 15-15.5 inches wide). Seminole Steve mentioned this when the 7-2 showed up because this will help the fish keep its slime coat. I am sure many of you knew this but just a tip for the beginner who is hoping to land that shoaliemonster soon!

Well, just when you thought the war had ended, her younger more vibrant children came to her defense. I did battle with them too and let them know that I'll be back so warn their great grandma that there will be a shoaliezilla part III!

4-11 Shoalie - oldest daughter of the 6-10.

4-8 shoalie - second oldest daughter of the 6-10.

BasserDrew
Site Admin

Return to Out-of-State Reports and Discussion