Fly Fishing Talk

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Fly Fishing Talk

Postby BigB » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Whats going on everyone! It seems that this forum gets some traffic but not alot. So whats going on with everyone. Any good stories to tell or spring time fly fishing advice to give out. We just got home yesterday with a new little girl so it seems that the river excursions will slow down for a little while so some good stories are nice. I finnaly got my white material for my buggers today. Thats the color that always seems to work for me. Anyway good luck to all.

BigB
BigB

Postby steve » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 am

Just busy tying some Clousers, Deceivers and poppers for the CAFE. Hoping I'll be able to swing a new line for my 5 wt. before this weekend, but might just have to do with what I've got.

Steve
steve

Postby derekp » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Yo BigB, congrats on the new arrival! I got one 11 yrs old me self. Love her to death.

Yeah, sort of weird. Last year this board was smokin during spring but this year, sort of quiet. I am a member of some other boards too and they are not what they should be also.

Ah, so be it, I'm going fishing (in the morning BTW and doing the CAFE) and insist on enjoying life while I can. Just great to meet more die hard fishermen (and fisher ladies) right here.

Boyscout
derekp

Postby BigB » Fri May 01, 2009 5:06 am

Thanks Derekp. It really is great. Steve glad to hear ya tying some cool flies. I finnaly got a chance to tie some white buggers the other night. The only thing I really know to tie right now is clousers and buggers. I'd love to tie more but with my lack of know how right now and no time really with being mom and dad with new baby and all has left me with hardly no me time. But thats fine being a dad is great, once everything settles down and we all get adjusted I'll be back to tying and trying some new stuff. Anyway look soward to seeing you all at the C.A.F.E.
BigB

Return to Fly Fishing Forum