Memorial Day Weekend

The long rod ain't just for trout, you know! Discuss chasing bass and bream on the fly right here!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Memorial Day Weekend

Postby smalliesam » Sun May 31, 2009 9:17 am

Finally getting around to doing some writing this year. Here's a trip report from Memorial Day Weekend. Fishing was slow, but there was another incident to report. It's a little on the long side. I guess I needed to scratch my writing itch.

http://www.americanriverfishing.com/nor ... =1426#1426
smalliesam

Postby BlackwaterBill » Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Nice story. Glad you didn't lose your stuff. After watchin Derek land 2-9 smallie on his fly pole on the Saturday before memorial Day, I am strongly tempted to go back to the fly pole. I used to catch a lot of fish on one wj=hen I was in high school.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby smalliesam » Sun May 31, 2009 1:04 pm

Bill, I've learned to keep stuff tied down over the years. That cooler is normally under a heavy bungee. I'd love to see some of the bass you'd get if you went back to the fly rod. Andrew, John, Troy and Charlie are just a few I know that use both methods and have a blast at both.
smalliesam

Return to Fly Fishing Forum