River Trash

Discuss the state of our streams and their occupants here.

Moderator: BasserDrew

River Trash

Postby AllRiversSouth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:37 pm

I saw this thread and thought I'd tell a personal story...

Two weeks ago I was in Columbia and paddling the broad above the zoo. As I made my way paddling up stream I met another fellow fishing in his yak. Said he done pretty well that morning on some Cats. While we were talking I saw a beer can come floating by near the fellow and he picked it up and put it in his yak. :shock: He was discusted as was I and he said it's the same every Saturday.

A few minutes later another drifted by and then another :evil: . We began paddling upstream picking ip cans. As we made our way around the bend of the river I must have seen 20 comming down in a line from the current. I paddled up the river all the way to the dam, where to my suprise, must have been 10 to 20 hispanics. The were in all parts of the falls behind the dam using a primitive fishing rig made from a plastic bottle or can. I was pretty ticked but would they even have usnterstood the toung lashing I wanted to give them? I decided not to say anything, but I'm sure they understood the look I gave them though as I paddled by with a Yak full of empty beer cans. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A few days later I was talking to a friend from Richland County Sheriff's Office. We were talking about something else and he mention he had worked a drownding all day Saturday. To make a long story short, shortly after I had paddled back, one of these behing the dam guys met Davy Jones. As mad as I was about their sorry behavior, their total disrespect for a beautiful piece of water and their obvious ststus as illegal aliens, I would have wished this on him or his family. I can only hope they learned a lesson from their tragedy.
"Have Boat Will Travel"
AllRiversSouth

Re: River Trash

Postby AllRiversSouth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 pm

[quote="AllRiversSouth"]I would have wished this on him or his family. quote]

I guess I need to wear my glasses when I type....I "wouldn't" have wished this on him or his family.
"Have Boat Will Travel"
AllRiversSouth

Postby Creekstalker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:53 am

ARS,
We all appreciate you picking up after others less considerate and that is indeed a tragedy. Rivers are stronger than we are.

CS
Creekstalker
Site Admin

Postby Clay Walters » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Perhaps all the beer contributed to the tragedy?
Clay Walters

Postby BlackwaterBill » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 pm

ARS

Thanks for the report. Check out this thread.

http://georgiariverfishing.com/phpBB2/v ... hp?t=10304
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby AllRiversSouth » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks BWB....I guess this problem is everywhere.
"Have Boat Will Travel"
AllRiversSouth

Postby derekp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Yeah, it's getting crazy.

Ya know, the problem is really our own faults. We put the same idiots in office and they talk about illegal immigration reform on the campain trail but when they get there, they don't do anything but pass huge pork barrell spending bills that our grandchildren will pay for.

Case in point, that idiot Lindsey Graham (whom I have voted for in the past but never again). He always talks about a smaller more efficeint government that needs to cut spending and makes noises about illegal immigration but does nothing except vote the opposite.

Guys, we need to be emailing and calling our local and fed reps and start voting for better candidates.

Hey, I guess this is what we get when we vote lawyers and/or proffessional politicians into office.

Alright, I'll get off the soap box but I am still mad.
derekp

Return to Environmental/Conservation Issues