UGA-SC

For you well-rounded types that occasionally may want to talk about something other than fishing. Hunting? Sports? Music? Politics? Looking to buy or sell something? Have at it!

Moderator: BasserDrew

UGA-SC

Postby Creekstalker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Well, looks like the early-season border war should be a good one as usual. I'm not as confident as many here in Athens about a Bulldog win. Everybody is talking about how great Georgia is after dismantling Okie State and pointing at how SC didn't crush that Louisiana school like they should have.

Seems like the schools are just about even in terms of talent and coaching. Blake Mitchell was as good as any QB in the nation at the end of last season, but Georgia's true freshman QB has led them to victories over Auburn, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma State in his last four starts. Both teams have good backs, one proven receiver, and iffy O-lines. SC ought to have a better defense with all those starters back, but UGA always seems to reload pretty well on D. My guess is it'll come down to the kicking game, which also looks to be pretty even as both kickers are All-America candidates.

I'd take SC if I were given 5.5 points. I'll take Georgia to win by one point for no reason other than I went to school there. Here's to a good game, good weather, and no injuries!

CS
Creekstalker
Site Admin

Postby BasserDrew » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 pm

What a game. All my students are going to give it to me this week. I was talkin a little too much trash last week about how the dawgs were gonna woop up on the cocks.
BasserDrew
Site Admin

Postby Creekstalker » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:29 pm

That was a pretty even game. SC just converted one of their opportunities into a TD and Georgia didn't. Really similar to last year's game when Georgia stuck it in the endzone and SC kept screwing up. I wish the Gamecocks the best of luck the rest of the way. They've got the most loyal fans in all of college football.

By the way, I got your message after the game. Sorry 'bout that.

CS
Creekstalker
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion