Everybody alright?

For you well-rounded types that occasionally may want to talk about something other than fishing. Hunting? Sports? Music? Politics? Looking to buy or sell something? Have at it!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Everybody alright?

Postby TarDevil » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Please stay safe in this horrible weather!
TarDevil

Postby derekp » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:27 pm

I did...well, sort of.

I spent 2+ hours in my car in the lake Cunningham parking lot waiting for the lightening to stop and my boat to 1/2 fill with rain water. I bet it took on 4 to 5 gallons.

I actually managed to fish about 1 1/2 hours resulting in 2 hookups with pickeral and they both blew me off after a few seconds.

Twice the sun came out and I motored down to one of the good spots and as soon as I started fishing, the rain would come and the lightening would start again (closer than comfortable!) and I would start back to the ramp only to have the sun come back out when I got to the ramp and then start the cycle all over again.

My mood got in sync with the weather today.

Theoretically, I'm building up some massive fish karma.

Derek
derekp

Postby TarDevil » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Thought about you in particular, Derek. Radar looked like the worse of those storms were right were you were fishing!

Glad you're OK!
TarDevil

Postby frankinnc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 am

yeah, I thought about both of you since I'd seen you were both planning to try and fish. The storm ROARED through Rock Hill mid afternoon. I was gonna try to wade today, but from what I can tell of the river gauges, it looks like it'd be rough. Glad ya'll are OK.
frankinnc

Postby CricketKiller » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:32 am

This is after the "tornado" went over the WalMart. There wasn't much if any damage so I don't think a tornado actually touched down, but I did learn that if you hear a "Code Black" in WalMart you're best off to just leave because the employees do not really know what is going on!

Check out all the hail!

You find time to do what you want to do!
CricketKiller

Postby TygerRiverWalker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Whoa! That is a cool shot CK!
TygerRiverWalker

Postby BasserDrew » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Yea, Killer that is pretty sweet. I got hailed on with PawPaw right when we got off the river. It was pretty big hail too and before we could get in my truck to ride it out PawPaw got dinged up pretty good on his finger.
BasserDrew
Site Admin

Postby derekp » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Cool pic, Cricket.
derekp

Return to Off-Topic Discussion