Another Good hunt

For you well-rounded types that occasionally may want to talk about something other than fishing. Hunting? Sports? Music? Politics? Looking to buy or sell something? Have at it!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Another Good hunt

Postby celticfisherman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Monday we celebrated MLK day with a grand old hunt outside of Culloden, GA. Hunted with Daddy Pirate that day. Had a great day. Ran 11 rabbits. Killed 9. I killed 3 that day and had one I put a little fire under his butt that Daddy Pirate's grandson killed in the end. Should have had 4 but took a snap shot.

Here's a pic.
From left to right. Shoalieboy, Cullfisher, DaddyPirate, Marvin, Me (celticfisherman), and Blackwater who happened to be the only one who knew how to set the timer on a camera...

Thank goodness we still have until the end of Feb for rabbits. I love this stuff.
celticfisherman

Postby derekp » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Now that is fun!

Years ago I had a freind who had some decent dogs and permission to hunt some of those Christmas tree farms in Western NC and we spent quite a few chilly morning rabbit hunting.

Nothing quite like walking around with a light 20 guage listening to those dogs rustling up Bugs Bunny and just knowing that any minute one is going to come busting out of the cover.

Good stuff, Celt.
derekp

Postby celticfisherman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:53 pm

We always have a good time. The fellowship of the hunt is a wonderful thing. I pity those who never experience it.
celticfisherman

Return to Off-Topic Discussion