7/2 and 7/3

Whether it is bass, bream or catfish in the freshwater, or reds, pompano and sea trout in the tidal creeks, this is your forum for the lowcountry rivers south of Columbia and I-20.

Moderator: BasserDrew

7/2 and 7/3

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Went to a local flow the past 2 mornings and fished until lunch. Yesterday we caught about 15, all small with one 2 1/2 lber. Today only caught about 10 today. The biggest was this 3-3 fish who had sunburn on its back.

[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii178/lilpdriverrat/3-3.jpg[/img][/img]
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby ShakyWorm89 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:39 pm

man, you sure do have a good photographer! does he do anything besides break his toe and knobs off of the trolling motor control? stupid "hardheaded peckers"....LOL!
"I will always know what underwear i was wearing when i caught that fish," LilPD RiverRat on his new personal best largemouth.

I am a certified "lipper"
ShakyWorm89

Postby Riverratsc » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Nice catch. Man I love the trees behind you. I don't get to fish around cypress enough to suit me.
The Mighty Rat
Riverratsc

Postby frankinnc » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:46 am

Yep....that is some fine looking water and I hardly EVER get to fish cypress. I can definitely see me flipping a jig around some cypress knees. Yum! It's been a long time.
frankinnc

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:26 pm

I did fail to mention (as punishment for breaking the speed dial on my trolling motor) that shakeyworm went with me and did manage a few fish. He was not photographed as I felt he may also break my camera :P
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 am

Shake' .......... missed ya this weekend. We had a good time. Little' made me buy a new trolling motor ...... we changed that sucka out like a NASCAR pit crew :lol:

Enjoyed it Little'.
Dux-n-Dawgs

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Dux I can't believe you ain't made no post yet. 2 days of fishing (15-20 day 1 and about the same on day 2). No pics on my part but I know you have at least 2 to post. Shakeyworm and I went again today and only caught 3 each....tough fishing. I have a whole nother storey to tell about today. will do that later. Enjoyed the weekend Dux. Glad to see you made it back safely.

Where did you ever come up with that new signature??? Can't a man get any credit :?:
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:40 pm

I was just keeping my mouth shut. It's your fishin' hole and my old grounds, thus I didn't want to ruin it for ya.

Day 1 we caught a total of about 25 my best estimate for the entire day.
Day 2 we caught about 15 but we fished half of the day.

I'm just glad those Low Country rivers are too brackish and not good habitat for largemouth to live in ...... I couldn't stand for it to get any better. 8)

We enjoyed it. Gas is a 'itch. And I think next time we're camping out in your backyard .... or telling your daddy to move over :wink:

My signature ......... just like Shake's ....... You Da Man :?

Now then, when ya'll coming to fish my fish??????????? I've got 3 places I want to show you. Bring your duck boat, just like this past weekend, we've got some water to cover to catch them. One is stumps and grass, the second is clear water hydrilla and the third is cypress black water.
Dux-n-Dawgs

Postby derekp » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 pm

Must be nice to fish all the time having the summer off. :wink:

You did say you were a teacher, right? And single?

Oh yeah, all the time in the world. Enjoy it now. It all ends when you tie a knot...or is that attach the ball and chain!

Good reports. Keep'em coming.
derekp

Postby ShakyWorm89 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:12 pm

no he is married(just lucky as $%**) he just waits for her to go to work then sneaks off fishing!! he is gonna get caught one day. and once again i will laugh and it will result in further delay of the posting of my 2 oz minnow on the forum.
"I will always know what underwear i was wearing when i caught that fish," LilPD RiverRat on his new personal best largemouth.

I am a certified "lipper"
ShakyWorm89

Return to Lowcountry Rivers