AHHHHHHHHHHH...sploosh

Whether it is bass, bream or catfish in the freshwater, or reds, pompano and sea trout in the tidal creeks, this is your forum for the lowcountry rivers south of Columbia and I-20.

Moderator: BasserDrew

AHHHHHHHHHHH...sploosh

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Shakeyworm and I hit a local flow today. The fishing was really slow...only managed 6 small fish total (and believe it or not shakeyworm actually caught 3 of these :D ).

Now for the subject line...

I had gotten stuckn on a willow limb and after carefully checking to make sure there were no wasp nests in the tree, went in to get unstuck. I managed to break the line and get my lure back when all of a sudden I felt this sharp pain in my elbow and saw and heard black things flying all around me (wasps). I immediately jumped out of the boat yelling. Shakeyworm just sits there, goes up to the trolling motor and busts through the tree and doesn't get stung or anything.

In the meantime I realize that my I dropped my rod in the river and my hat was floating down the river. While I was busy trying to keep my shoes on I realized :hey these are crocks...they float" I let it float off and grapped them. One had fishing line all tangled around it. I was trying to swim and felt like there was something pulling on the line. I pulled back on it and low and behold my rod was what I was pulling. Thank goodness!!!

Skakeyworm finally picked me up off of a sand bar and we fetched my hat and went back fishing.

Lesson of the day...make sure you look into the trees very carefully and bring along wasp spray :twisted:

I told him I would post a pic of his fish but since he laughed at me he will just have to wait!
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:31 pm

And to add to this story ............... his best'est friend in the whole wide world (Da' D-n-D) got him unstuck 2 days prior when he threw his (deleted by Little Pee Dee) into a overhanging limb ................ low and behold I was face to face with a wasp nest.

What are friend for ............. right Shake' :wink:

Need me to come back down and teach you how to catch them again :P .

Glad you didn't loose your rod .......... I imagine it was one of your Custom rods ...... as if you fish with anything else. 8)
Dux-n-Dawgs

Postby derekp » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Ouch! Glad you OK. Could be a lot worse.

Get enough of them wasps stings and a man could die, or worse, get laughed at by his freinds and then die.
derekp

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:21 pm

What kind of friend laughs at you when you are in pain? :(
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby BlackwaterBill » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Good story line.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby derekp » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

What kind of friend laughs at you when you are in pain?

I guess the same kind that won't "make out with you" at 2am on a camping trip. :lol:

BTW, that was the funniest line I heard during the whole CAFE trip. Ofcourse I had a 102F fever and several shots of Canadian whisky at the time and would have laughed at anything.
derekp

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am

I don't know what you are talking about :roll:
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby LilP.D. River Rat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 pm

here is a pic of shakeyworm and one of his bass. Sorry I cut off half of his head....Had to try to make the fish look bigger :)

[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii178/lilpdriverrat/will1.jpg[/img][/img]
LilP.D. River Rat

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:38 pm

LilP.D. River Rat wrote:What kind of friend laughs at you when you are in pain? :(

Though I'm not the one that was in the tent, I will say this ....... I'd laugh at your sorry AZZ ! ! ! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dux-n-Dawgs

Return to Lowcountry Rivers