Upper Lynches R

Come here to talk about river fishing anywhere around Columbia and above. Feel free to give us a trip report to let us know how the fish are biting!

Moderator: BasserDrew

Upper Lynches R

Postby Restridge » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:34 am

I floated (and fished a little) on the upper portion of Lynches R from Hwy 265 near Jefferson to Hwy 903. It took maybe 4 hours because we stopped often to fish. Caught a small but chubby bass and several decent bream. I think I could do better if I took my time but wasn't sure how long this trip was going to take. It's pretty country with not a house or even a barn in sight. But it's near enough to civilization to walk out if you had to. There are signs that people fish it from shoals along their respective properties. Mostly they leave their 24 oz beer cans behind to float downriver when it fills again.

If you do this trip, I suggest getting out at the Mount Pisgah Rd bridge. After that, there were several places we had to get out and drag over logjams. But if you enjoy that sort of thing, have at it. I also suggest going after rain or you might be dragging your kayak half the way. This water's usually too skinny for even 2 guys in one canoe.

Oh...the Rebel Wee Craw is a killer here. Bigger bream like it too.
Restridge

Return to Upstate and Midland Rivers