She insisted!

Tell us how it's done...how you constructed that pop-up camper using only some pool noodles, PVC and duct tape - Your forum moderator - Martha "Smallmouth" Stewart

Moderator: BasserDrew

She insisted!

Postby TarDevil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Daughter has been hounding me for a couple weeks to help her build a boat. We did this a while back for a school project...

So I says, "What kind of model do you want this time?"

"Model?" She retorted. "I want something me and my dog can RIDE in!"

So, we're looking at an assortment of plans but leaning toward the Weekend Skiff (I think the picture of the dog sold my daughter).

This will either fix a bunch of "teenage woes," or we'll kill each other!
TarDevil

Postby BlackwaterBill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:23 pm

That is what I call putting a boat to great use. Mine ar epast that stage. I can tell you for a fact if you can get them to 22 or so they sweeter to Daddy then than they were when they were little. geeting them there was a challenge though.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby TarDevil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:08 am

Boy! This gal has tested my resolve as a parent. But the viking model was a fun project for us and did a lot for our relationship. Hoping the skiff will do even more!
TarDevil

Postby BlackwaterBill » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:33 am

Brings back memories. Helping my oldest win President of a high school business club, then helping decorate dorm room freshman year, then repainting a condo she lived in for the last three years in college. Just me & her working night & day. Then Having a job that took me to Satesboro just about every week where she was in school. When I camr to get her to go eat there would usually be 1 or 2 friends that were hungry at the same time. Imagine that. Now she is a pastor's wife with three kids and one and on the way.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Return to Do-It-Yerself (DIY)