Leak Problem ..... need help !

Tell us how it's done...how you constructed that pop-up camper using only some pool noodles, PVC and duct tape - Your forum moderator - Martha "Smallmouth" Stewart

Moderator: BasserDrew

Leak Problem ..... need help !

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 pm

I've got 2 yaks at my house. My Drifter which is so old that the serial number is wrote on the side with what looks like an etching tool. And CricketKiller's Caper which is only 1-2 yrs old. Well the Caper keeps getting water inside of it, even after I've repaired the hatch seal/gasket. So I filled the thing with water to try and find this leak. I'm talking as in a rediculious amount of water getting in.

As seen in the pictures below, my Drifter (the green one) has screws that holds everything on it ...... but the Caper has rivets. Wouldn't you know it, EVERY rivet (all 40 of them) on the thing has water coming out of it.

Is there any thing I can do other than glob silicone on every rivet, or would I be best to just replace every rivet with new ones??? I would have never expected all of these rivets to be leaking, especially since nothing is loose when you grab the items that they are holding into the yak.

Dux-n-Dawgs

Postby BlackwaterBill » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:56 pm

I answered you on the GRF board.
"I am by practice and predilection a top-water man. How I love to hear a rampaging bass wallop a capering surface plug!" Havilah Babcock from Monafilment Hates People
BlackwaterBill

Postby Dux-n-Dawgs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:34 pm

Thanks Bill,

Drew is working on getting my GRF account straightened out. I tried to update my profile and now it's kicked me out. Tell everyone over there I appreciate their input and I'll thank them as soon as I can get logged back on.

-Dux
Dux-n-Dawgs

Return to Do-It-Yerself (DIY)