Tennessee River Fishing Forum Index Tennessee River Fishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffalo River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tennessee River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonC

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Buffalo River Reply with quote

I will fish the Buffalo River this afternoon with a buddy (he fished SE MO. smallmouth rivers for years) and will post a report if we do OK.
Don
bcalbin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing the Buffalo on Memorial Day? Now THAT takes guts! Y'all suppose you'll have any company? Laughing

BCA
DonC

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Buffalo River on Memorial Day Reply with quote

BCA,
If we can get a canoe rental, we will let all the other canoeists herd the smallies to us. We can fish the mud line they create. When they swamp their canoe, we will fish in the shade created........of course your implication may turn out to be the better part of valor, but we have not been on the Buffalo since 2006, so we will give it a go.
Don
bcalbin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good attitude, Don! Hope you caught some lunkers!

BCA
DonC

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Fishing report Reply with quote

Well, when my buddy and I arrived at the canoe rental on the Buffalo River, it was too late. The other canoe rental down the road said the same thing. I then called a canoe rental on the Piney River, and they rented us a canoe, so we fished the Piney River from 4:30 to 8:00 PM. There were an amazing numbers of cars at both of the canoe rental places we stopped, but most were done for the day and we only came on 2 kayaks while fishing and another canoe that was fishing.

We caught 5 smallmouth, 2 largemouth, 5 goggle eye/rock bass, and 1 green ear sunfish (or somekind of sunfish with a large mouth). We caught all the fish on bass pro tender tubes with internal 1/4 ounce tender tube jig heads, or berkley 2 inch power grubs on 1/16 ounce jigs. Without the all the earlier day's traffic, I believe we could have caught much more.

Still a enjoyable outing.

Don
bcalbin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Drag about the Buffalo and the canoe rental places, but you took lemons and made lemonade. The Piney's a good flow, glad you caught some fish. Do you , by any chance, live around Nashville or mid-TN? Just curious. And, BTW, welcome to TRF, there are a lot of good guys here and plenty from mid-TN.

BCA
DonC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCA,
I live in Jackson TN. The Buffalo is about an hour west. I have waded Cane, Beaverdam and some other creeks over there in past years, and fish KY Lake (TN and KY) and Barkley Lake (in KY). Smallmouth is my preferred fish.
Don
BANG

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smallmouth is my preferred fish.

I like the sound of that, has a nice ring to it! Cool
Jason O

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Don........glad to see someone else on here from west tn.
basserdrew
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report Don.

DonC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: SC smallmouth fishing Reply with quote

basserdrew,
I hope to be in Gaffney June 24th and fish the Broad or other smallmouth waters with my brother and his canoe. Could use someone to point us in the right direction.
Thanks,
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tennessee River Fishing Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: